Pastaaaa!!! It is the most favorite dish of all times for me and my sisters! Growing up, in the holiday season, me and my sister used to cook pasta at 2 am in the morning right before we used to binge watch TV shows. It was our way to party, our way to chill and our way to relax. Therefore, we cooked pasta in sickness and in health. In happiness and in grief. Not exaggerating. Hence, it is relates to my fondest memories. However, here is one of the MANY recipes that I have loved over the years; it is of cheesy tomato and spinach pasta. Happy Cooking! Let me know how you love it!
- Prep time : 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- 1 packet of penne pasta
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly grated pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- Small pieces of chicken
INSTRUCTIONS for cheesy tomato and spinach pasta
- Boil the penne pasta in boiling water. Add a pinch of salt and 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Dice the garlic and fry it in a little olive oil. Add chicken pieces and fry it with garlic.
- Furthermore, add the tomato kechup, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper to the pan. Stir! Now add chilli sauce, soya sauce and vinegar.
- Once fried, add some water and cover the pan and put it on low heat until the chicken is cooked properly.
- Grate some cheddar and parmesan cheese over the mixture and bring it on medium heat.
- Add the fresh spinach and gently stir it into the sauce until it has wilted. Add the pasta and stir until it is well coated in the cheesy tomato sauce.
- Tip: add mayo right before eating it, it will make it even more yummier!