Since the holiday season is around the corner, I have started craving the comfort food. Moreover, something Cheesssyyy! I tried this amazing recipe last weekend and me and my husband loved every bit of it. Perhaps, potato and cheese can never go wrong. So here is the potato and broccoli casserole recipe for you guys to try and let me know how it went. Happy holidays.
- Prep time : 35mins
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Total time : 1hr 20mins
- 4 big potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Sliced bacon (as much you want to add)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt n pepper
- 2 cups of Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of bite size cut broccoli
INSTRUCTIONS for potato and broccoli casserole
- Preheat oven to 370°F.
- Cut potatoes into pieces and put it under boiling water with garlic cloves. Wait till the potatoes become tender. You can check the tenderness with a fork. Once tender, drain them well.
- Take a pan, add olive oil and fry the bacon until it becomes crispy. Set it aside once cooked.
- Microwave the broccoli with 1 cup of water for 4 minutes, it will leave the vegetable crisp. Drain the water once tender.
- For potato and broccoli casserole, take a masher and mash the potatoes. Subsequently, add butter, cream cheese, onion powder, milk, broccoli, cheddar and parmesan cheese and sour cream. Mix it well. Add the crispy bacon on top.
- Layout the mixture on the dish and top it with more cheese. Put the dish in oven and bake it for 30 mins until you see the bubbles appearing on the cheese. Wo-ala, Enjoy!
Calories:450, Fat: 30g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 80mg, Sodium: 532mg, Potassium: 720mg, Carbohydrates: 24g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 19g, Vitamin A: 994%, Vitamin C: 40%, Calcium: 320%, Iron: 1.7%